Thursday 10 November 2011

True Love January 2011 Cover



With the release of my 4th studio album Return to Love on 31 Jan 2011, I was geared up to start doing the things I always wanted to do. Among other things, I wanted to settle into my skin and celebrate my body. Believe it or not, it has taken me all these years to be truly comfortable in my skin and 2011 was the year of elevation and celebration for me.

This True Love cover marked the beginning of this new move. I worked with celebrity make up artist and stylist Nthato Mashishi, he created a fun, sexy look for the shoot. I wore shorts for the first time on a cover and showed my legs! I remember hearing people say stuff like "It's so unlike you". People forget however, that I'm also a woman in progress... I'm facing my demons, constantly challenging myself and finding ways of being completely free to express myself. I do take it one step at a time. Some of my struggles are not obvious to me (or others) but I'm always working on improving myself and a lot gets revealed as I go along. So 2011 was the year that I was going to dare to do things differently. I must admit, I have never felt more liberated. I really feel great in my skin and it has been great for my confidence.                                                            
My favourite pic from this shoot!

More Leggy Shots :-)

Photos: Jurie Potgieter
Make up and styling: Nthato Mashishi

No comments:

Post a Comment